You cannot – and I will advise you not to- let your baby crawl all by itself or find its way to the studio to have its first newborn photography Calgary shoot. Also note that your baby will not take care of itself during the photoshoot therefore, you are going to be very much involved as much as the photographer. The only difference, basically is that you will not be the one with the camera.
What with the responsibilities you have as a new parent, when taking your child for a baby photoshoot, you just might forget a few essential things.
What do you bring along?
There are lots of things you probably need to list out and take along with you for your child’s photoshoot. Your baby has to be happy throughout the duration of the shoot – even when asleep; has to be comfortable, clean and properly-fed.
Below are some things you should not forget to hold when taking your child for its photoshoot.
- A toy you know your baby likes to hold on to or play with; and of there are none, a nice small toy will do. Make sure that the toy is not an object sharp enough to injure your baby or small enough to be swallowed.
- Make sure you hold extra diapers. You don’t want to be stranded. You can’t rely on your photographer to have extras.
- You should also remember to hold soft and sensitive baby wipes for when you baby possets or vomits and you need to cleans.
- It is essential you pack a few towels too. When packing towels, factor in the texture and colour. The towels you hold should be soft and possible fluffy. Two or three towels will do. Your photographer should normally have these, but you don’t want to leave anything to chance.
- You will definitely have a few beautiful clothes or dresses you want your baby to put on for the photoshoot. Remember to pack those too.
- A blanket you like, which you might want to appear in the pictures, probably because it reminds you of grandma or some other people or event or a cap that reminds you of grandpa.
Your baby, Your responsibility.
Fortunately, that responsibility almost solely rests on you as the parent. Yes, the photographer (especially if she is a woman or better still, a mother like you) might play a part. However, a significant part rests on you. When you arrive at the studio like http://dulcebabyphotography.com/ or even if the newborn photography Calgary is happening in your home, your job basically is to complement the efforts of photographer.
- Ensure that the room or studio has enough space to allow for free movement
- Make sure that you are always watchful of your baby’s movement, especially when she is placed on a higher stand like an ottoman or sofa.
- Be protective. If you feel uncomfortable with anything, you should speak out. However, you should respect your photographer’s opinion professionally.
- You will be responsible for feeding or breast-feeding the baby when the time comes.
- You will be responsible for cuddling your baby when she is about to cry.
- You will be responsible for changing the napkin and cleaning up your baby’s mess.
Why, you might ask? Because you are the mother and in the newborn photography Calgary shoot, no one knows your baby more than you do.