Our first chilly night in Florida and it was the perfect time to turn on the oven and make this very easy Garlic parmesan Naan Pizza. You don’t even have to make the dough. Simply buy Naan flatbread in your local supermarket or asian store and it makes the perfect base for this pizza. Naan is an oven-baked flat bread that is popular in Central, West, and South Asia. Naan is delicious all on it’s own but I simply could not resist trying something new. For those of you who may not have ever seen Naan, below is the brand I’ve used for this recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- Naan Flatbread (1 pack of 2 in a package)
- 4 Garlic cloves (Chopped extra fine or pressed in garlic press)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon course salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small sauce pan, heat olive oil and butter, add garlic and saute until a slightly golden. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in cream and milk and stir until sauce has thickened. Add grated parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Bring to boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the oven is preheated, spread enough of the sauce onto the Naas and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cut across into triangles. Serve immediately.
- For a low fat version, eliminate the heavy cream and use 1% milk only.
First make he sauce for the Naan flatbreads. Begin by